JOB TITLE: SHEQ Coordinator
REPORTING LM: SHEQ Manager
Northern Engineering Works Ltd (NEWL) is seeking to recruit two (2) SHEQ Coordinators to join
the SHEQ Team.
Successful Candidates for this position will be responsible for facilitating SHEQ strategy throughout as directed by the SHEQ Manager.
- Carry out regular (scheduled and ahoc) inspections of sites and NEWL offices to check that policies and procedures are being properly implemented by internal staff, suppliers and customers
- Address and report upon areas of non-conformance for improving performance and quality
- Preparation and Submission of internal and external (client’s) reports as per the requirement
- Work with internal and external teams to ensure that all SHEQ reporting, Data Collection, Quality Assurance and related document control is accurate and correct.
- Support the development and delivery of SHEQ training in line with the Training Needs Analysis, including the compilation and reporting of training progress throughout operations.
- Undertake investigations and audits where scheduled or required, effectively identifying root causes and making robust recommendations for corrective and preventative action
- Support the SHEQ Manager with the successfully implementation and delivery of all campaigns and initiatives as required
- All other duties deemed necessary for the successful delivery of the job
- To conduct workplace & vehicles inspections and Working Tool audits on a weekly basis
- Maintanence of an effective Safety, Health & Environmental Management system in line with ISO 45001, 14001, and 9001 standards
- To promote Health and Safety culture for the organisation (eg. Near miss & Harzard reporting).
QUALIFICATION/ EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- IOSH Managing Safely
- IRCA Approved Lead Auditor Training (or equivalent)preferred
- Minimum 2 years of SHEQ related experience in a Maintenance and/or Construction related organisation
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Personal Attributes
- Good understanding of MS Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
- Good interpersonal/influencing skills
- Good presentation skills
An attaractive remuneration package will be offered to succesful candiadates.
Applicants are invited to submit their Application Letters, An updated CV, Copies of Certificates and other Credential Certificates (indicating the position title in the subject) via e-mail to:
Human Resources and Administration Manager
Email to: HR@newl.co.tz, or By hand delivery at NEWL Offices
Deadline – 14th September 2020
If you are not contacted by Northern Engineering Works Limited Fourteen (14) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful.
Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: competency assessment, physical capability assessment and reference checking.