JOB TITLE: Field Maintenance Supervisor (FMS)
REPORTING LM: Zonal Operations Manager
DEPARTMENT:Operations & Maintenance
Northern Engineering Works Ltd (NEWL) is seeking to recruit three (3) Field Maintanance Supervisors to join Operations Team. Successful Candidates for this position will provide efficient and effective management of all the passive infrastructure portfolio as per the agreed Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Develops the skill sets of the assigned Field Maintenance Engineers (FME) with individual technical development plans.
- Runs the daily standard day meeting with their FMEs
- Performs daily review of SN completed PMWO and raises any non-compliance issues.
- Ensures that the PM team has the necessary tools to complete the maintenance as per the SOP
- Ensures that PM teams on their assigned sites comply with 1SVM or other regimes as defined in the monthly PM/FW plan.
- Delivers the SLA levels for assigned sites.
- Implements the Standard Operations Procedures on assigned sites
- Ensures compliance to the use of SN
- Carry out daily SWO review meetings with their PM team (FE’s)
- Validate the open SWO in the SN, covers SWO actual needs, its description and material quantity demand.
- Daily review site SN and SWO dashboard + actions from previous site preventive maintenance
- Attends daily SWO Dashboard meeting in the Zone
- Ensures SWOs are carried out as per the SWO plan
- Carries out site audits (PMA) with the PM team (FE) at site through use of SOP
- Create and communicate to ZoM a proper plan for FE skills set improvements
- Deliver the site OPEX savings by verifying the site monthly savings amount expected in comparison to site initial business case
- Ensures that spare stock level are at acceptable level to support the team
- Uses the SWO parts demand planner and works closely with the Stores Supervisor to ensure that sites under the FMS supervision have sufficient spares and consumables to execute the maintenance as planned
- Ensure that correct OEM or other approved spares and consumables are used on the assigned sites.
- Ensure all open SWO are closed-complete during the site PMWO as per its priority SLA and daily SWO plan from dash-board
- Ensures that data and drawings in Red-cube are up to date
- Ensures that sites handed over by Projects are compliant to the approved design
- Review sites and FME overall performance based on SN dashboard and zone weekly performance report generated from RNOC.
- Ensures all sites under their supervision meet the optimised fuel consumption level.
- Leads detailed, correct root cause analysis (RCA) and qualifies the integrity of the RCA with his field engineer (FE) where required
- Verify sites electrical installations in compliance to Helios standard and accurate block diagram complete with compliant tags
- Conduct FE weekly vehicle check list to verify all standard spares & working tools
- Ensures that the PM teams and assigned sites are compliant to SHEQ policies
- Takes part in Business Excellence teams to improve site performance
- Holds weekly SHEQ tool box talks with the PM teams
- All other duties deemed necessary for the successful delivery of the job
QUALIFICATION/ EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Diploma/Bachelor in Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering
- At Least 5 Years of related position
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Skills, Abilities and Knowledge
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to guide others in solving complex switching problems
- Assertive, Self-starter, Proactive, Innovative, Attention to detail
- Self-reliance in the management of assigned tasks
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work under pressure
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Familiar with proper installation procedures for power infrastructure and reticulation at BTS sites
- Competent to ensure integration of power infrastructure and conduct acceptance tests
- Ensure constant tracking, monitoring, and providing support in resolving persistent, reoccurring faults using approved processes and procedures
- Computer literate and familiar with MS word, Power Point, Excel and Visio.
- Personal Qualities
- Team player, High level of responsibility.
- Reliable and methodical with integrity.
- Can Do; Integrity; leadership; Innovation; Relationships
- Availability Hours and standby essential 24/7 x 365.
| An attractive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates.|
Applicants are invited to submit their Application Letters, An updated CV, Copies of Certificates and other
Credential Certificates (indicating the position title in the subject) via e-mail to:
Human Resources and Administration Manager
Email to: HR@newl.co.tz, or By hand delivery at NEWL Offices
Deadline – 14th September 2020
If you are not contacted by Northern Engineering Works Limited Fourteen (14) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: competency assessment, physical capability assessment and reference checking.