Quality Officer Job Description
The Quality Officer is responsible for overall development, implementation, and maintenance of the organization’s Quality Management Systems (QMS).
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Ensure that
the organization’s Quality Management System conforms to the internal, customer
and regulatory/legal requirements.
- Ensure evaluation and reporting on vendor quality systems.
- Keep up to date with the standards, regulations/laws, issues and news with respect to service quality.
- Conduct periodic management review meetings.
- Manage the monitoring, measurement and review of the internal processes with a focus on those that affect the quality of the organization’s services.
- Report to top management on the performance of the QMS (e.g. results of quality audits, corrective actions etc.)
- Lead a team of appointed internal Quality Auditors.
- Create and execute end-to-end service assurance processes/ metrics/ reporting programs in full partnership with managed services, field maintenance, NOC and direct customer relations.
- Define and maintain documentation standards for all operations.
- Understand end-to-end operation areas to effectively develop detailed business requirements, process flows, and documentation for new system and tools supporting the NOC.
- Assist in the development of training for end-users on new processes, systems, and tools that are developed for the various projects.
- Assist in the development and/or delivery of presentation materials and project plans.
- Work closely with peer team members and Operations Managers to understand requirements and targeted metrics.
- Analyze, identify and communication opportunities to improve the MSOP support and process models.
- Effectively communicate out of process areas and track NOC operator performance gaps.
- Define, promote and ensure adherence to NOC processes and performance expectations.
- Identify and develop gap mitigation solutions in systems and tools that are required to meet NOC process and performance expectations.
- Perform self-directed tasks and others assigned by management, within area of specialization, that support continued organizational improvements.
- Handle all EHS and environmental plans and monitor the performance of all projects where is NEWL is operational.
Quality Officer requirements and qualifications
- Experience & Certification with quality assurance management body
- Thorough knowledge of methodologies of quality assurance and standards
- Experience in customer research with the purpose to assess customer needs and wants
- Excellent numerical skills and understanding of data analysis/statistical methods
- Knowledge of MS Office and databases
- Sense of ownership in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- BSc/BA in business administration/engineering or relevant field (is an added bonus)
The Quality Officer shall be reporting to the Quality Manager with the necessary reports based on the agreed timescale.
Email to: HR@newl.co.tz