Power Engineer Job Description
Design, Plan, Install, Test and commission electrical installations and devices and equipment pertaining to electrical and communications systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs and Plans power system facilities and equipment and coordinates construction, operation, and maintenance of electric power generating, transmission lines and distribution systems and equipment for industrial, commercial or domestic purposes.
- Directs preparation of, or prepares drawings and specific type of equipment and materials to be used in construction and equipment installation
- Prepares materials BOQ’s, labor, construction, and equipment costs
- Inspects completed installations for conformance with design and equipment specifications and according to the set standards.
- Make sure that safety rules and regulations are well known and adhered by all project staff.
- Coordinates operation and maintenance activities to ensure optimum utilization of power system facilities and meet customer demands for electrical energy
- May be designated according to type of engineering functions as Design-And-Construction; Operations-And-Maintenance.
- Quick in Emergency response and management of major incidents on the electricity network and attends various engineering investigations including assets failure modes, risk assessments and external claims/complaints.
- Planning, design and project management of works required to rectify and restore the electricity network following failures of underground, overhead and substation assets
- Implements major construction and maintenance projects such as new installations, upgrade, refurbishment or replacement of aged assets within the network.
- Ensuring that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements by preparing electrical systems specifications, technical drawings or topographical maps
- Writing reports and compiling data regarding existing and potential electrical engineering projects and studies
- Preparing specifications for purchases of electrical equipment and materials
- Supervising or training project team members
- Estimating material, labor, or construction costs for budget preparation
Power Engineer Requirements and Qualifications
- Knowledge of applicable codes related to electrical engineering.
- Proficient in design and calculation softwares such as AUTO CAD and others.
- Experience in data analysis and in using or a desire to learn new technologies.
- Talent in Negotiations and Networking.
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Communication skills
- Good team working skills
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized University.
- Registered as Professional Engineer with ERB
- Licensed with EWURA as Class A engineer in Electrical Installations
- 5 Years Working Experience
The Power Engineer shall be reporting to the Projects Manager with the necessary reports based on the agreed timescale.
Email to: HR@newl.co.tz