JOB TITLE: Power Systems Specialist
REPORTING LM: Technology Manager
Northern Engineering Works Ltd (NEWL) is seeking to recruit two (2) Power Systems Specialists to join Technology Team. Successful Candidates for this position will be accountable for the correct function of all power technology equipment deployed in a telecoms site. He/she need to ensure that best engineering practices to an acceptable standards, are followed by anyone who visits the site to carry out power maintenance or any power project activities including Vendors, Contractors and Customers. The successful individual must be capable of educating and leading others by example on what is and is not acceptable practices on sites.
He /She will be leader in technology design, testing and solution prior the NW roll-out through proper analysis.
- Ensures O&M team are technically well supported in reaching the agreed SLAs
- Analyse Network performance trend, support team with proper RCA and correct solution to problems
- Follow-up on vendor technology trainings make sure teams are competent on all sites technology
- Ensure WPS sites audits are accurate, completed and site issues permanently resolved
- Work along with SPA team maintaining updated site power database of all sites
- Ensure all sites are properly power dimensioned with use of data’s and installed base records
- Tracking all site OPEX reduction initiatives and ensure savings are realized through use of data’s and performance tracks
- Ensure the right CAPEX is deployed for the right need
- Ensure O&M team spare holding is adequate to all regional warehouse as per monthly spare dimension matrix (RMS, HPU, Batteries, DG’s, Cables, Rectifiers etc.)
- Lead on design, innovation and solutions to issues at sites and based on feedback from Field O&M team, market and customer needs
- Carry out technical audits to ensure compliance with all relevant technical and SHEQ requirements, including the correct installation/operation of all site electrical safety components such as surge protection, braekers and fuses
- All other duties deemed necessary for the successful delivery of the job
QUALIFICATION/ EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- BSC (Electrical/Electronics) Engineering
- Minimum of 3-5 years-experience working in power mobile telecom systems
- 5 years of hands-on experience in telecoms power equipment’s & operations
- Have worked in telecom field sector would be desirable
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Skill & Abilities
- Passionate work ethic
- Pays strong attention to detail
- Ability to work unsupervised
- A passion for doing something right the first time
- Fluent Language skills: English
- Good analytical skills through use of data’s to drive solutions to problems.
- Ability to teach others through examples
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio etc.) and report writing
- Practical knowledge of DC&AC power solutions as applicable to a telecoms environment
- Hands on diagnostic skills for power system generation solutions up to about 60KW
- Exposure to and understanding of Renewable Energy solutions within the African Continent (including Solar, Wind, Power Cubes & Battery Cycling)
- Best technical practices in small scale site power generation environments
- Understanding of Safety Health and Environment best practices
- Understanding of an End-2-End power solution, from AC to DC, and all technical components and safety devices which make up the overall solution
- Exposure to remote monitoring solutions and DSE, DSE890, Determiner, RMS, HPU’s , Mast minder, etc. is highly desirable
- Understanding well the art of OPEX costs
- Personal Attributes
- Accountability – Ability to take accountability for issues as well as hold others accountable in order to achieve organizational objectives.
- Results Orientated – Desire to achieve and exceed expectations and take past learnings to improve how HTT operates
- Leading others – Ability to contribute to a vision and lead a team (project/ organization) to achieve that vision.
- Team building – Able and willing to be a leader and sometimes a team player.
- Good Communicator – Ability to efficiently and effectively communicate throughout the whole organization. Understanding clearly what each stakeholder requires and how best to communicate.
- Customer Understanding – Understand the markets that customers operate in to enable the definition of project success criteria and prioritization of resource to meet the needs of our customers.
- Process Orientated- Understand that good process drives efficiency and consistency within an organization and a project
- Change Orientated- Desire to constantly improve how an organization operates and the results of an organization.
|An attractive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates. Applicants are invited to submit their Application Letters, An updated CV, Copies of Certificates and other Credential Certificates (indicating the position title in the subject) via e-mail to:
Human Resources and Administration Manager
Email to: HR@newl.co.tz, or By hand delivery at NEWL Offices
Deadline – 14th September 2020
If you are not contacted by Northern Engineering Works Limited Fourteen (14) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: competency assessment, physical capability assessment and reference checking.