JOB TITLE: IT Systems Administrator & Developer
REPORTING LM: Director of READ
DEPARTMENT: Research and Development (READ)
IT systems Administrator and developer oversee and maintain all aspects of NEWL’s computer infrastructure. This includes maintaining networks, servers and security programs and systems. IAdministrators manage the upgrade and installation of new hardware and software, perform troubleshooting to address any problems with computer systems, and assess viruses and potential threats to a company’s network. IT Administrators might also monitor the use of email, create and change passwords, make suggestions for improvements to computer systems, backup data and perform data recovery if needed. Furthermore development tasks include A Java, C#,Net, C, Software Development being responsible for the development, design and implementation of new or modified software products or ongoing business projects. Typically sitting within the IT team of a business, an IT systems Administrator Software Developer will be involved in liaising with the Business Analysts and Development Managers to ensure software projects meet requirements for internal and external customers
Maintain Computer Systems
From servers to security programs, it is up to IT Administrators to review a company’s computer systems to ensure that all aspects are operating efficiently. IT Administrators will troubleshoot problems, configure hardware and software, implement backup processes, and assess systems for upgrades or replacement.
Complete System Installs and Upgrades
IT Administrators are responsible for installing new systems and assessing and implementing upgrades as needed. They conduct consistent analyses of a company’s computer systems to determine if existing components meet the company’s needs and perform upgrades or updates as needed.
Manage Network Security
In many cases, it is the duty of IT Administrators to assess security programs and decide which is best for the company for which they are employed. They will install and manage these systems, conduct updates, create passwords, and run checks for viruses and spyware.
Oversee Data Storage and Retrieval Systems
It is in the best interest of companies to utilize effective backup systems and have in place data retrieval processes in the event of emergencies. IT Administrators create and manage the use of backup and retrieval systems.
A standard Software Developer job description should include, but not be limited to:
- Researching, designing, implementing, and managing software programs
- Testing and evaluating new programs
- Identifying areas for modification in existing programs and subsequently developing these modifications
- Writing and implementing efficient code
- Determining operational practicality
- Developing quality assurance procedures
- Deploying software tools, processes, and metrics
- Maintaining and upgrading existing systems
- Training users
- Working closely with other developers, UX designers, business and systems analysts
- Manage software development team
- Develop software copywriting process
- Assess existing network serves, operating systems, and security programs.
- Upgrade existing hardware and software programs.
- Install and implement effective security systems.
- Manage data backup and retrieval processes.
- Troubleshoot problems with systems and programs.
- Manage network security
- Oversee data management and retrieval systems
- Complete systems installations and upgrades
- Maintain computers systems
- Develop NEWL departments digitization plan through primarily internally built software with minimum external solutions
- Manage and administrate current software (ADV, myWFM, Huawei tracker, Galooli, MyVMT, ITTT, Mail,
- Develop knowledge sharing processes in IT and QMS department
- Create an infrastructure plan for READ innovation hub for IT solutions for sale
- Create relationships with leading universities to ensure the acquisition of top talent
- Ensure NEWL has 1 product ready in 1 year for local and international software trade shows
- Develop continuous training plan to keep all staff are updated with current trends in tech
Job Qualification & Skills Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer science or related ICT with certification and experience in handling CITRIX server technologies, Microsoft licenses, ERP systems, creating a software development infrastructure, implement and manage software development lifecycles, develop and manage software launch processes, manage web design and launch processes, lead software development team, gain 2 software and hardware development business contracts, handle office networking installations and maintenance.
- Computer Science
- Computer Software Engineering
- Software Programming and Development
- Knowledge and interest in computer systems and the latest technologies
- The ability to learn new technologies quickly
- An analytical mind
- The ability to communicate complex procedures to other colleagues
- Commercial and business awareness
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
- Attention to detail and desire to probe further into local and global software teams
|An attaractive remuneration package will be offered to succesful candiadates. Applicants are invited to submit their Application Letters, An updated CV, Copies of Certificates and other Credential Certificates (indicating the position title in the subject) via e-mail to:
Human Resources and Administration Manager
Email to: HR@newl.co.tz, or By hand delivery at NEWL Offices
Deadline – 12th January 2021
If you are not contacted by Northern Engineering Works Limited Fourteen (14) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: competency assessment, physical capability assessment and reference checking.