Northern Engineering Works Limited is seeking to appoint an experienced Field Maintenance Supervisor who will provide effective management of all the passive infrastructure maintenance performed by the O&M team and also support by providing technical advice to operations Department so that company objectives are met at the required work performance standard and in accordance with Customer values.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Implement the standard Operations Procedures on assigned sites.
Develops the skill sets of sign planned Maintenance Teams with individual technical development plans.
Carry out sites audits,with the PM team,and defines site improvement plans.
Ensures that site improvement plans are carried out.
Delivers the SLA levels for assigned sites.
Ensure that correct OEM or other approved spares and consumables are available and used on the signed sites.
Forecasts monthly consumption of spares for the assigned sites.
Ensures the PM team use Service Now Correctly.
Ensures that the PM teams and assigned sites are complaint to SHEQ policies.
Holds daily review of SN PM Work Orders.
Hold weekly SHEQ tool box talk with PM team.
Ensures that data and site drawings are up to date.
Ensures that sites handed over by Projects are complaint to the design.
Runs the daily meeting with the MP PM teams.
Delivers Opex savings and recommends site selection on the assigned sites.
Ensures business documentation is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
All other duties deemed necessary for the successful delivery of the job.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
· Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
· Good analytical and problem solving skill.
· Ability to guide others in solving complex switching problems.
· Assertive,Self-starter,Proactive,Innovative,Attention to detail.
· Ability to learn quickly.
· Ability to work under pressure
· Valid Driver’s license.
· Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
Familiar with proper installation procedures for power infrastructure and reticulation at BTS sites.
Competent to ensure integration of power infrastructure and conduct acceptance tests.
Ensure constant tracking,monitoring,and providing support to the O&M contractors in resolving persistent,recurring faults using approved processes,procedures and OEM OPIs.
Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook.
· Bachelor in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
· 3 to 5 Years – Working Experience in Telecom Industry on experience maintaining all aspects to tower site passive infrastructure or similar maintenance related role.
The positions will attract a competitive salary package, which will include excellent benefits.
Applicants are invited to submit their Application Letters, Resume’s, Copies of Certificates and other credential certificates (indicating the position title in the subject) via e-mail:
Human Resources and Administration Manager
Email to: HR@newl.co.tz , or By hand delivery at NEWL Offices
Deadline – 19th February 2020
Northern Engineering Works Limited has a strong commitment to health and safety .
Northern Engineering Works Limited offers equal employment opportunities to qualified men and women.
If you are not contacted by Northern Engineering Works Limited Twenty (20) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: competency assessment; physical capability assessment and reference checking.